Travelling to Swanage
Swanage is located on The Isle of Purbeck, Dorset on the south coast of England.
The town is accessible by road via Wareham, or by road and chain ferry from Sandbanks, Poole.
For the latest local traffic information or to plan your route you can get details from:
Where is Little Gem Guest House?
Little Gem is just a 10 minute walk or 3 minute drive from Swanage sea front.
See below for Google map and local detailed directions to Little Gem.
Travel directions from London (avoiding the Sandbanks Chain Ferry)
1. Take the M3 (South) motorway
1. From the M27, head West bound until you come to Ringwood.
2. From Ringwood, continue along the A31 to Bournemouth and follow signs for Poole/Dorchester.
3. When you get to Poole follow the A35 until you get to the roundabout which gives you the option to go to Dorchester or Wareham; take the Wareham exit.
4. Follow the A351 to Sandford and continue to Wareham.
5.From Wareham take the A351 through Corfe Castle and continue to Swanage.
6.On entering Swanage bear left past the newly built Baptist Church, and immediately turn right at the traffic island into Kings Road West (signposted), continue down this road and Little Gem, 4 Cecil Road, is the 4th turning on the right.
Travel directions from Bournemouth (via the Sandbanks Chain Ferry)
1. From Bournemouth town centre take the Wessex Way to the Frizzel Roundabout.
2. Take the B3065 to Canford Cliffs.
3. Go through Canford Cliffs and left at mini roundabout.
4. Continue on the B3065 to bottom of the hill and left at the junction with the B3369.
5. Follow road to Sandbanks and cross on the chain ferry (Timetable for the ferry is available at www.sandbanksferry.co.uk).
6.Follow the B3351 to Studland and approximately 3/4 miles out of the village turn left and follow signs for Swanage.
Public transport directions
1.By train – Waterloo to Wareham, then taxi or No. 40 bus, Wareham to Swanage (1 or 2 hourly)
2.By train – Waterloo to Bournemouth, then No. 50 bus, Bournemouth to Swanage
3.By bus – No. 40 Poole to Swanage